- May 15, 2013
- 4:50 pm
- Megan Troppito
Students: e-mail upgrade begins this Friday
Dear Loyola Students,
The countdown continues: only a few more days until Loyola’s move to Microsoft Office 365.
- As a reminder, we’ll be disabling the current GroupWise system this Friday, May 17, around 6 p.m. You’ll have access to your new account a few hours after that – at outlook.luc.edu – though some features and messages may still be in transition. Your new Office 365 account will be fully functional by Monday, May 20.
- Once the new system goes live, all incoming e-mail messages will be delivered to you via Office 365. Nothing from your old mailbox will be moved automatically, though you can manually migrate messages and contacts. Please see the Details for Students page for more information.
- If you’re moving contacts, you must export them from GroupWise before 6 p.m. on Friday. Please see Moving GroupWise Contacts to Office 365 for instructions. Messages can be migrated from within Outlook after the upgrade. Please see Moving GroupWise Messages to Office 365 for instructions.
- You will need to reconnect your phone or tablet if you use it to check your e-mail. Step-by-step instructions are available on the Reconnecting Your Mobile Devices page. You can begin reconnecting these devices any time after 9:30 a.m. on Saturday, May 18.
- We’ll have expanded Help Desk hours (773.508.4487 or email@example.com) and on-campus drop-in clinics throughout the upgrade. On-site support will also be available through ResNet. Please see the Schedule and Support page for more information.
- To help with the transition, we’ve posted a few introductory PDFs, web pages, and videos on the Documentation and Training page. This page also includes two recorded webinars – Introduction to Outlook and Lync and Introduction to SharePoint and SkyDrive – just for students.
Information Technologies Services