- April 25, 2013
- 10:31 am
- Ashton Mitchell
Walking to win
Spring is sprung, and Loyola faculty and staff members will hit the pavement for the second annual University Walking Challenge from May 6 through June 16.
Throughout the six-week period, Loyola faculty and staff members will compete against each other to see who can log the most miles. Similar to last year, participants will use the WalkingWorks website to log their mileage. For those who do not own a pedometer, apps such as mapmyrun.com or logyourrun.com can be used to track mileage. Once tracked, participants will then log the information on the WalkingWorks website.
The top five individuals who log the most mileage will receive the following prizes:
- 1st Place: $200 gift card to Fleet Feet
- 2nd Place: Fall semester membership to Halas Sports Center, the new Terry Student Center fitness space, or the Loyola Center for Fitness in Maywood (includes September, October, November, and December)
- 3rd Place: Fitbit Activity Tracker
- 4th Place: Fitbit Activity Tracker
- 5th Place: $75 massage gift certificate
Jackson says this year’s competition will have more social media interaction to encourage competition.
“Every week, if you log miles and you ‘like’ our Facebook page or follow us on Twitter, you’re eligible to win a $25 dollar gift card,” Jackson says. “It will be fun to follow along with social media and see people come together through the competition.”
Registration for the 2013 University Walking Challenge is now open and will remain so through Sunday, May 5. To learn how to register, click here.
For more information about the University Walking Challenge and other wellness initiatives, visit the Human Resources website here.