Meet Vincenzo Sposito

The University’s third annual Weekend of Excellence will take place April 19-21. To prepare for the weekend, we want to introduce you to some of the outstanding students that will be recognized as part of the festivities. Today we introduce you to Vincenzo Sposito. For a full list of events scheduled during the weekend, click here.

Vincenzo Sposito, a junior who is double majoring in finance and information systems, is enrolled in the Interdisciplinary Honors Program. Sposito has shown his drive to excel through his leadership as the current president of Tau Kappa Epsilon, president of Felice’s Roman Style Pizza, and executive member of the Interfraternity Council.

What has been a motivating factor for you in your work here at Loyola?
There is no doubt that the shear amount of opportunities provided here at Loyola has been my motivation. Not taking advantage of every chance given to me would be the worst detriment to my educational process. Everyone can read a book and take a test, but there are very few places like Loyola, which allow you to use that information and knowledge.

Is there anything that could have made your Loyola experience more meaningful?
I wish I would have realized all of the ways I could get involved as a freshman. It is one thing for everyone to tell me you can do this and you can do that, but it is another thing to feel how rewarding it is to be involved as a member or a leader of a group or classroom.

How did you get involved in research/service at Loyola?
I actually got involved in service at Loyola by joining the Tau Kappa Epsilon (TKE) fraternity. My uncle was one of the original members who brought TKE to Loyola’s campus in 1956, and many members of my family have joined since. This was the catalyst for my drive to do well not only in my studies, but also in the service to my community.

Do you think Loyola has been a rewarding experience? How?
There is no question in my mind that Loyola has changed my life for the better. Before I came to Loyola I had only a vague idea of what I wanted to do with my life and I was in no way involved with my community. Now, with all the opportunities and chances Loyola has given me, I have taken full advantage and given my life a new purpose and meaning.

What do you think differentiates Loyola from other universities?
Loyola is very centered around its values. As the leader of a values-based organization, I noticed that it is one thing to say you follow values and morals, but it is another to actually let those values and ideals permeate everything you do. Loyola, in every facet of the University, lets these values dominate their planning, actions, and lives in such a positive way that no other university can hope to match.

What advice would you give students about how to get the best out of their education?
If you want to attend a university that truly inspires leaders and doers, then Loyola is for you. If you don’t want to get involved, if you don’t want to do something greater than yourself, then this University, as well as many others, will not have much to offer. For students who are already attending Loyola, get involved. There are so many opportunities and resources for students to either get involved in the community or simply better themselves, that it is a disservice to your education and future not to take advantage of them.

What was your “ah ha” moment here?
My “ah ha” moment was without a doubt when I became a member of my fraternity. It taught me about living my life in a way that betters me as a person and in doing so, making the world a better place. Since joining the fraternity, I have felt one of these life-changing moments almost every day, and I have realized so much about the world and myself at Loyola University Chicago.

Now ongo

Loyola's Graduate Teacher Preparation Program

Melissa Niksic

The 12 Days of Christmas (Loyola Style)

Melissa Niksic

Sakai Question of the Week go

How do I post grades in Sakai?

How do I post grades in Sakai?

I need to post grades in Sakai. Can you advise me on how to do that?

Scholarship Campaign go

Access to excellence

Access to excellence

Access is everything: access to knowledge, to a career, to truth, to success. For most people, access to their dreams begins with a college degree.