Excellence in the office

Denise Hall’s 13 years of service to Loyola has certainly paid off, as she was honored with University Staff Council’s January Monthly Commitment to Excellence Award. Hall has worked as the office coordinator in the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry since 1999, and her peers recognized her hard work and endless dedication by nominating her for this distinction.

“I was pleasantly surprised by the news of the award,” says Hall. “It means a great deal to be recognized and appreciated by those I work with.”

As office coordinator, Hall oversees everything from preparing budget reports to updating the faculty website to looking over graduation audits to coordinating schedules. The long list of duties does not phase Hall one bit.

“I find my position to be very rewarding and I am grateful to be working with such a great group of co-workers,” Hall says.

Carol Grimm, the office assistant in the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, is one of those co-workers and has worked with Hall for the past 11 years. Grimm says that Hall is the go-to person for anything in the office.

“She has been a great boss. She is very professional, yet still has a sense of humor,” Grimm says.

Hall’s nominators mentioned that her commitment is evident everyday. Grimm echoes these thoughts and says that Hall always brings her best game to the office.

“She gives 110 percent everyday. It’s not just here and there; it’s always,” Grimm says.

While Hall’s co-workers say they feel lucky to work with her, Hall says those feelings are mutual. Additionally, she finds being part of the Loyola community inspiring, especially in the chemistry and biochemistry department.

“My favorite part about being in Loyola’s community is working with the students and knowing that I am not just working in an office, but an office that supports future leaders; researchers, teachers, and doctors,” Hall says.

Congratulations, Denise, on earning this distinguished honor!

To learn more about the Monthly Commitment to Excellence Award, please click here.

Now ongo

Loyola's Graduate Teacher Preparation Program

Melissa Niksic

The 12 Days of Christmas (Loyola Style)

Melissa Niksic

Sakai Question of the Week go

How do I post grades in Sakai?

How do I post grades in Sakai?

I need to post grades in Sakai. Can you advise me on how to do that?

Scholarship Campaign go

Access to excellence

Access to excellence

Access is everything: access to knowledge, to a career, to truth, to success. For most people, access to their dreams begins with a college degree.