Reflecting on our blessings

December 19, 2012

Dear Members of the Loyola Community,

In the midst of this holy season of Advent and Hanukkah, we are invited to reflect on the blessings of this past year. We are reminded that the gifts we have received can most fully be realized by sharing them with our students and with one another to create a world where peace and joy can be realized.

We pray in a special way for all the victims of the school shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown, Connecticut, last week. There are no words to ease the grief of the victims’ families and others who knew and loved them. We hope and pray that the birth of Jesus Christ and His message of peace and love will take root in all of us in an especially meaningful way this Christmas.

I wish you and your family a blessed holiday season and New Year, and I look forward to seeing you at our annual Christmas Luncheon, which will take place this Friday, December 21, at 11:30 a.m. in the Gentile Arena on the Lake Shore Campus.

Merry Christmas,

Michael J. Garanzini, S.J.
President and CEO

Now ongo

Loyola's Graduate Teacher Preparation Program

Melissa Niksic

The 12 Days of Christmas (Loyola Style)

Melissa Niksic

Sakai Question of the Week go

How do I post grades in Sakai?

How do I post grades in Sakai?

I need to post grades in Sakai. Can you advise me on how to do that?

Scholarship Campaign go

Access to excellence

Access to excellence

Access is everything: access to knowledge, to a career, to truth, to success. For most people, access to their dreams begins with a college degree.