As part of the network registration policies implemented during the past year, all personally owned computers using the wired network, and all computers (personal and Loyola owned) using the wireless network, are required to re-register every 120 days.
For many of you, this will require you to re-register personal computers and devices upon returning to campus after the holiday break.
Pre-Register Personal Devices with Remote Scan
Earlier this year Information Technology Services (ITS) introduced the Remote Scan service, which allows you to pre-scan your computer and devices before you return to campus. We encourage you to take advantage of Remote Scan so that you’ll be ready to connect to Loyola’s network on your first day back.
This service is available at https://remotescan.luc.edu. After completing the scan, correct any device failures and re-scan until you see that “Your PC Meets Policy Requirements.”
Mac OS Users:
- Make sure the operating system is current, with all updates installed
- We encourage Mac users to install an anti-virus program with current definitions (though this is not required); we recommend the free iAntiVirus program, which is available at www.iantivirus.com
Windows OS Users:
- Make sure the operating system is up to date with all Microsoft patches and service packs
- Install an anti-virus program with current definitions; we recommend the free Microsoft Security Essentials program, which is available at www.microsoft.com/Security_Essentials
- Enable a host-based firewall
If you have any questions or experience any difficulty accessing the network, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 773.508.4ITS or LUC.edu/helpdesk.
Information Technology Services