A Loyola Thanksgiving

Students not returning to their hometowns for Thanksgiving dinner will still be able to enjoy the holiday feast with their Loyola community. Campus Ministry and Loyola Dining are hosting an on-campus Thanksgiving celebration for those students who are not able to spend the holiday with family, friends, and loved ones. The meal will begin with a blessing at 11 a.m. on Thursday, November 22, at Lake Shore Dining, Second Floor, CFSU, and will last until 1 p.m.

The idea of a Thanksgiving meal for students who are sticking around campus originated with Patrick Dorsey, S.J., with the hopes that it would turn into a yearly tradition.

Steven T. Betancourt, BA, MM, director of liturgical music, helped plan Thanksgiving at Loyola this year and he encourages faculty and staff members to share a bit of themselves this Thanksgiving. “I’m coming to help out as I actually enjoy bussing tables and caring for others. I’ll be bringing cards and some other games as part of my own family’s Thanksgiving is that laughter and fun of playing together. People should come and share that with our amazing students,” he says.

Betancourt also noted that Loyola Dining has been entirely gracious and hospitable in their support of Thanksgiving for students. “They were the first to step up and they are an inspiration to me this Thanksgiving,” he says. The menu provided by Aramark includes traditional Thanksgiving cuisine, including corn bread stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, candied yams, cranberry sauce, green beans, steamed broccoli, corn, and a variety of salads. There will be a carving station with herb roasted turkey and honey-baked ham and a vegetarian option, by request, of stuffed portabella mushrooms. Desserts will be served as well, including pumpkin pie, apple pie, pecan pie, brownies, and ice cream.

Loyola Thanksgiving Feast is still looking for volunteers. If you are a staff or faculty member who wants to go that extra mile for our students, please RSVP to volunteer by clicking here.

Now ongo

Loyola's Graduate Teacher Preparation Program

Melissa Niksic

The 12 Days of Christmas (Loyola Style)

Melissa Niksic

Sakai Question of the Week go

How do I post grades in Sakai?

How do I post grades in Sakai?

I need to post grades in Sakai. Can you advise me on how to do that?

Scholarship Campaign go

Access to excellence

Access to excellence

Access is everything: access to knowledge, to a career, to truth, to success. For most people, access to their dreams begins with a college degree.