A top workplace three-peat

For three years, the Chicago Tribune has published a list of Chicago’s Top 100 Workplaces, and for the third consecutive year, Loyola has been recognized in the large company category. This year, the University finds itself ranked 21st.

To recognize the best organizations in Chicagoland, the Top Workplaces program evaluates them based upon feedback from an employee survey, which more than 1,360 faculty and staff members completed a few months ago. This year’s program received entries from more than 250 companies, so the competition was formidable.

“On behalf of the University and my fellow administrators, I want to thank the Loyola community for their commitment and their many contributions to making this University an excellent organization to work for,” says Michael J. Garanzini, S.J., Loyola president and CEO. “Our faculty, staff, and administrators continue to make Loyola an attractive destination for those seeking careers at a well-regarded, dynamic higher education institution.

This year’s survey data proved that many Loyolans remain pleased with the direction of the University, they have confidence in the leader of this University, and they believe Loyola operates with strong values and ethics. Respondents also shared their satisfaction with the University’s commitment to offering employees the flexibility to balance their work and personal lives, and many believe their manager helps them to learn and grow.

One longtime faculty member, Phil Nyden, the director of the Center for Urban Research and Learning (CURL), agrees that the University is headed in the right direction, and he’s also thankful for the University’s past, and ongoing, commitment to academic excellence. “As a faculty member at Loyola for more than 30 years, I have found the University to be a supportive environment that encourages and nurtures new ideas and innovation—in the classroom, in research, and in connections with communities outside of the University. It is in this environment that we established CURL, a non-traditional research center that involves community partners in our work at all stages. Few other universities would have taken the early risks in supporting such a center. Not only do you feel part of a community at Loyola, but the University regularly rewards and recognizes contributions that faculty, staff, and students make.”

Another longtime Loyolan, Jane Neufeld, dean of students, shares Nyden’s thoughts on the direction of the University. “I have been at Loyola for more than 23 years and I still feel very fortunate to be a member of this thriving University community. As the dean of students, I have the privilege to work with phenomenal students every day that challenge me and make coming to work an enjoyable experience. I can also say that some of my colleagues have become some of my best friends in life, and not everyone can say that about their workplace. I have seen this University, campus, and culture transform over the years, and I am proud to be a part of this great institution.

On Monday, November 12, Loyola was formally recognized, along with the other winning organizations, at a celebratory event held in the River East Art Center.

To learn more about the Top Workplaces program, click here.

Now ongo

Loyola's Graduate Teacher Preparation Program

Melissa Niksic

The 12 Days of Christmas (Loyola Style)

Melissa Niksic

Sakai Question of the Week go

How do I post grades in Sakai?

How do I post grades in Sakai?

I need to post grades in Sakai. Can you advise me on how to do that?

Scholarship Campaign go

Access to excellence

Access to excellence

Access is everything: access to knowledge, to a career, to truth, to success. For most people, access to their dreams begins with a college degree.