Welcome to the Navigating History website for Loyola history graduate students. This site provides resources meant to help students navigate their graduate programs and explore career options open to historians with masters and doctoral degrees. The information posted to these pages is not meant to be comprehensive. Rather, these materials are meant to supplement coursework, programs, workshops, and other initiatives offered by the Loyola history graduate program. Visit the department website for information about graduate degree requirements, courses offered, exam and dissertation guidelines, and other program requirements.
- First, visit the history department’s web page for current graduate students and download the stepping stone document for your degree program. Read it carefully.
- Second, take a look at the site index found below and explore the resources and information available on this website. Contact Dr. Mooney-Melvin with any questions.
NAVIGATING HISTORY SITE INDEX
Information related to career exploration, including IDPs:
Information about professional development:
- Managing Your Online Presence
- Pedagogy @ Loyola
- Other Pedagogy Resources
- Professional Organizations, Conferences, & Networking
- $$$: Jobs, Fellowships, Internships, Scholarships, & Other Funding
Information related to job searching, including guidelines for putting together CVs, resumes, and cover letters, and where to search for jobs and internships and other kinds of funding:
Miscellaneous resources & lists: click here.
Calendar listing events, workshops, and seminars related to professional development and Loyola’s history graduate programs:
Other important links: