Quinlan Ramble to Los Angeles – Capitol Records

Anita Machuca ’20
Major: Management, Human Resources Management

Monday, I can say was very eventful! We were blessed with some beautiful weather today: high of 71 degrees. Today, I woke up with a bit of jitters as we started our site visits for the week. On the schedule today was Capitol Records. 

We started off the day together with lunch at an Italian restaurant called Maccheroni Republic. It was about a 15 minute walk from our hotel. There we all order different pastas and dishes. Delicious! 10/10 would recommend!

From lunch, we went straight to Capitol Records. We were greeted and hosted by a 2009 alum, Nathan Ledesma. Nathan started our day by guiding us around the office. We visited a studio where multiple amazing artists such as Lizzo, Justin Timberlake, and John Mayer have recorded. We also visited another studio where we were able to experience a brand new way to listen to audio by Dolby called Atmos. I can say that this experience was life changing! Atmos is like surround sound times 100- that moves! Afterwards, we had brief introductions of different alums. Then, moved on to a Capitol Panel.

My biggest takeaway from the panel was that you should follow your passion, but before doing that one must understand what they do want and what they don’t want. Once that is figured out, you can achieve your dreams. Also, don’t feel bad if you feel like you are behind. Everyone has their own timeline. Focus on you! It is amazing to see what great things LUC alums are doing! Afterwards, we were able to see the great view from the rooftop of Capitol Records.

Following the site visit, the group was able to walk up and down the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Then, we went to a nice dinner at Yamashiro. They offered a variety of seafood and sushi while having an amazing view of the city. I was even surprised with early birthday candles for my birthday tomorrow! 

The first was a success and I can’t wait to see whats next!

Add a Comment

(required)

(will not be displayed) (required)