Quinlan Ramble Reflection- Peyton Maddern

Being able to experience the business world first hand, rather than just read about it, was an unbelievably incredible opportunity. To be given one of the sixteen spots in the Quinlan Ramble to New York Program did not only give me a better understanding of the business world, but also gave me the confidence to be a part of it once I graduate Loyola University Chicago with my Business Degree. I applied to participate in the Quinlan Ramble to New York Program, because I believed the experience would help me become a more professional businessman, increase my understanding of the business world, and give me the opportunity to expand my network.

Quinlan Ramble shaped me into a better businessman, because the experience exposed me to a culturally different environment. The New York business world is a highly competitive place that has headquarters of some of the best Fortune 500 companies in the world. Being in the place where these Fortune 500 companies are, allowed me to learn how they operate and gave me an understanding of how they achieved their success. Times Square has some of the most brilliant examples of marketing, which helped develop my creativity in the most efficient ways. Another way this opportunity has shaped me was by being exposed to the many business districts of New York. From downtown Brooklyn to lower Manhattan, these districts increased my knowledge of
the many different types of business.
On top of it all, this was an incredible opportunity for networking. From what I’ve
experienced during job shadows, informational interviews, and from people in the business world whom I already have in my network, is that networking is key to being successful. Having someone you know within a company, that already knows of your skill set and demeanor is something that can help my future career. Being chosen for this opportunity gave me the chance to showcase my skills to potential employers.

By being considered for the Quinlan Ramble, this experience helped me become a more professional businessman, increased my understanding of the business world, and gave me the opportunity to expand my network. This was an unbelievable opportunity, to experience the business world first hand, and I wouldn’t have changed anything about it.

Peyton Maddern 
Quinlan Class of 2019
Marketing

Add a Comment

(required)

(will not be displayed) (required)