Quinlan Ramble Reflection- Nicholas Verbeck

New York, the Big Apple, the center of the universe, is one amazing and breathtaking city that I have been craving to visit and explore for the longest time. The Quinlan Ramble not only gave me the experience of visiting such a great city, but it also gave me an entire new group of friends as well as a priceless insight into to the New York business community.

Growing up in Kansas City and then attending school in Chicago gave me one very specific idea of NYC: it’s crowded, it’s dirty, and it’s out-of-this world expensive. Well, after this trip, I can proudly return home and tell them they are all wrong. New York City is the most amazing city in the world. From the buildings, to the subway, to Central Park, and the diverse amount of people living so close to each other, New York provides an amazing experience and this trip took full advantage of all the city has to offer. After seeing all of the different neighborhoods, amazing restaurants, and jaw-dropping views, I am so happy that I was able to go to New York City with the Quinlan Ramble.

Not only was it great seeing the city of New York, it was also an amazing experience seeing the New York City business community. Seeing a range of companies and industries that stretched from creative companies like Time Inc. and Revolt Media, all the way to corporate powerhouses like Bloomberg and Blackstone, gave me a sense of the type of the company culture and environment I would thrive in. In addition, I met with and received priceless advice from a number of professionals across the city. The networking, experiential learning, and advice I received on the Quinlan Ramble are priceless and I will certainly strive to implement them in my own life.

Last but not least, I cannot thank the Quinlan Ramble enough for introducing me to such an amazing group of individuals. We had amazing group of coordinators: Alex See, Meghan Coletta, and Chelsea Donahue. They made the trip such an amazing experience and I cannot thank them enough. In addition, I also got the chance to network, and more important, build friendships, with all of the other students on the trip. Never before in my life I have been given the chance to meet such a diverse group of amazing students. It was truly eye opening to meet and learn from so many amazing and talented people.

From the crowded subway rides, to the group dinners, to the company visits, the Quinlan Ramble is the of the best and most fulfilling experiences I have had here at Loyola. Even now, a couple of weeks later, I can’t stop raving about it to all my friends and encouraging them to apply next year. The Quinlan Ramble was an amazing way to spend my Spring Break and I am extremely grateful for all the experiences and friendships it has given me.

Nicholas Verbeck
Quinlan Class of 2019
Finance

Add a Comment

(required)

(will not be displayed) (required)