Quinlan Ramble Reflection- Merrilee McHugh

I was extremely excited to get chosen to go on the Ramble to New York trip for the Quinlan School of Business. In preparation for the trip we started recommending companies we would like to see in New York and I researched potential companies that I would like to work at someday. During the trip, I was able to learn about New York business world and lifestyle when visiting companies by making connections with Alumni in New York and at the many different companies we visited. Going to companies we were given tours and a panel that we could ask questions a lot of the time. I learned that companies are not just for one major or area of business.

On the first day we went out on a boat tour of New York City and a walking tour of Soho, China Town, and Little Italy. It was a great tour to be to understand the culture of the New York. The first day of company visits we were there for opening bell at the New York Stock Exchange. We got to talk to Digitial Market Maker’s (DMM) to understand what their job was at the stock market and learned how technology has disrupted all businesses creating less jobs. Experiencing not only the companies and network of those in the career field was fantastic. The Mayor’s office in New York showed the rich history the city had to offer.

I got to spend a week with a great group of students in New York that have similar career goals.  Getting to experience the city lifestyle in New York was important because it helped me understand if I would like to live in New York. Going to restaurants in the city with the trip and on our own with other students was great. Seeing the Lion King play and going to Steven Colbert show were unique experiences as well.   I would greatly recommend going on the Quinlan Ramble trip.

Merrilee McHugh
Quinlan Class of 2018
Marketing

Add a Comment

(required)

(will not be displayed) (required)