Quinlan Ramble Reflection- Marin Kusaku

I hate to say it as a Chicago raised individual, but New York takes the cake on the Pizza.  There are far too many shops to try all sorts of crazy style pizza or stick to your basics.  Going to New York for the first time, I was astonished by the city and all that it had to offer. Through visiting all the different companies, it was like visiting a different pizza shop every day of the week.   The Quinlan Ramble provided an unforgettable trip that opened my eyes to a completely new world.

Overall one of the best aspects of the trip was the getting to meet the group going on the trip. Myself being an individual who did not know anyone, it was awesome to be able to make new connections.  After looking at my reflection, I saw that one tasks I hoped to accomplish on the trip was to meet fellow classmates.  The goal was to be able to build a relationship with a group of students that are in the same position and share the same interests. As well as the leaders of The Ramble.  All who I wish I had met earlier during my time at Loyola because every single person on that trip was truly a great person. The trip taught us a lot about networking, learning to adapt, working hard, being innovative, and many more valuable traits.

It was awesome to see such a range of what it means to be a business professional in the many types of work environments that were presented to us during various company visits.  Not only did we gain a great number of insights that will help excel our own professional careers but also helped us figure out what we individually want our career path to exemplify.  For example, two companies that stood out to me was the visit to Madison Square Garden and Bloomberg.  The Garden helped me understand why there was always passion for the sport industry but never did I consider working in that industry.  After being able to hearing the presentation, it opened my eyes to what it truly takes to work in the sports industry.  While on the other side of the spectrum, Bloomberg caught me off-guard being that I never had a true passion for analytics or finance.  We learned that working at Bloomberg meant gaining a vast amount of skills dealing from analytics to events that affect all areas of society.  I personally loved the idea of even though you weren’t a finance major they would help you become fluent in their system.

All the businesses showed us an unforgettable experience and it was amazing to see such enthusiasm, intelligence, passion, friendliness, and joy at each company.  I believe that all of which were passed on to the group and taught us how to act as young adults and show us how many great opportunities are available to us because of Loyola University of Chicago.  We spend a great deal of our time in classes learning concepts that will help us pursue our passions, but there’s nothing comparable to going out to the real world and applying the knowledge learned in the classroom.

Lastly, I want to thank everyone that made it possible for us to embark on this experience, from our leaders, faculty, alumni, the companies that allowed us to come in, and all others who helped.  Thank you!

Marin Kusaku
Quinlan Class of 2017
Marketing

Add a Comment

(required)

(will not be displayed) (required)