First full week in Rome

What a week it has been.

The John Felice Rome Center is full of excitement and opportunities, and I have experienced many new people, places and things since I arrived just one week ago. The open culture provides a solid foundation of meeting new people who want to experience the world with you.

Aside from some mandatory orientation meetings, the JFRC crew was able to explore the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Mediterranean beach over the weekend. I was happy to sport my Quinlan baseball-T to show some school pride.

The last few days have been filled with classes in which I am excited for. I am always impressed at the talent Loyola attracts, and even more impressed with my professors with their business experience abroad. I hope they can be a valuable resource to me in the future.

I will keep you all updated with my adventures in the next week: classes, events around Rome, Umbria and the Amalfi coast. I am also in the planning stages of a Quinlan “social” for students and professors here at JFRC. Stay tuned!

• By Brendan on 9.8.2014 at 5:24 pm

Way to represent, Jacob! Thanks for being such a great ambassador for Quinlan abroad.

• By Sam on 8.10.2015 at 11:24 pm

Sorry to have some differences. English s used to go fast. Sorry again for that.First of all, cotrgans to the woman who have come first in the competitive exam. Nothing more from me for her ! I don’t feel proud and I dont need to held myBut of what use for all Tamilians that ? How does it make our heads held high ? U have not explained it.Why is there the School for Excellence in Law ? Y was it started at all ? Was it to mean the other law colleges r nt/ or shd not be so ?Some time back, there was a proposal to creat schools for excellence for meritorious students mooted by Central Govt ? It was immediately shouted out and buried. Coz. in a democracy it will create unnecy divide among people. V have so many other divisions, and y to add one more, that too, affecting children?Y School for Excellence in Law ? What s the objective of such school ? As u wrote, to create legal luminaries !!Then, what shd other law colleges do ? To produce legal idiots or mediocres? Y this discrimination among institutions created by Govt itself ?

Add a Comment

(required)

(will not be displayed) (required)