How to be a Change Agent

What are the characteristics of a change agent? I wanted to be a change agent my entire life. I wanted to make a positive impact wherever I worked and to give back to society. I wanted to make a difference. I didn’t know where to begin. Our Business Career Services (BCS) team spent a day at Loyola University’s beautiful Lakeshore Campus on July 30, 2014 to explore just that — the principle of change. The message we carried in our hand, “we champion change”.

Loyola University Chicago, Quinlan School of Business: Business Career Services Team

Change Agents are people who are catalysts for change. They want to make a difference and don’t give up, because that passion and love drives their enthusiasm. This was the message that carried itself in my mind when I woke up that morning. The day began with each person pledging to make a positive change in their career. We stood as a team, spelling out “C-H-A-N-G-E”, and then participated in a variety of discussions from the dynamic and changing landscape of career services, to innovative projects that give back to the community and what it truly means to make yourself indispensable or be a high achiever/performer. Loyola University embraces transformative learning and Quinlan’s forward thinking graduates are true testimonials of that process.

Hassan Akmal, Director of Business Career Services

To be a change agent, you have to simply get into the driver’s seat and drive the change. You must visualize it, believe in it, and watch that visualization manifest itself into reality. This comes with confidence, purpose, and direction. The details are important here. Every journey and every transition begins with one step.

Since the retreat last week, BCS  has already begun moving to a new state of the art career services model. This model entitled “Career Connections” is model that will allow us to not only build strong networks, but to leverage them to the full degree. The day ended with Alana Aldort, our BCS Administrative Assistant, receiving a special recognition called the BCS “Q”  Award for exquisite performance.

Add a Comment

(required)

(will not be displayed) (required)