A new Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) and Vehicle Use Policy approved by the President’s Cabinet earlier this year is being implemented by the Risk Management department of Loyola’s Treasurer’s Office. This new policy will apply to anyone who:
• drives a University vehicle,
• drives as a primary part of their job duties, and/or
• transports students on University business.
The policy will not apply to employees who occasionally drive their own vehicles between campuses for meetings or other incidental business-related driving, unless it involves driving students and/or the use of a University-owned vehicle.
The policy requires anyone who falls into the above categories to become an authorized driver by following the new process, which includes an MVR check (at no cost to the individual). To begin the MVR process, follow the steps below:
1. Visit LUC.edu/finance/motorvehiclepolicy/ and read the MVR and Vehicle Use Policy in its entirety.
2. Read and electronically sign an authorization form permitting Loyola to process your MVR. The link to this online form is located within the policy in the Driver Eligibility section in the third bullet point — or click here.
3. After signing, you will receive an e-mail from HireRight, the company that processes the MVRs. This e-mail may take a few days to arrive after signing.
4. Follow the link in the HireRight e-mail and complete your personal information on HireRight’s secure website. The login information contained in this e-mail will expire after 30 days, so you must complete your information ASAP upon receipt of the e-mail from HireRight.
5. Expect a final e-mail from MVRCheck@luc.edu with the results of your MVR check. The criteria for acceptable drivers are located in Exhibit A in the policy.
Please note that the MVR check is just one step in the process to become an authorized driver. Additional steps can be found within the MVR and Vehicle Use Policy.
If after reading the policy you have questions, please contact the Risk Management department at email@example.com