Here is a recipe to try out using the baby beet greens from this week’s CSA:
Beet Greens with Garlic and Olive Oil
- 2 bunches of beet greens, stems removed
- 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 2 lemons, quartered
- Cook beet greens uncovered in a pot of lightly salted water brought to a boil (about 2 minutes).
- Drain, then immerse in ice water for several minutes until cold to stop the cooking process
- When greens are cold, drain well and coarsely chop
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat
- Stir in the garlic, then the greens until oil and garlic are evenly distributed.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Cook until greens are still hot, serve with lemon wedges