Q. I am entering grades, and I would like to view only one student at a time in the Grade Center – is there a way to do that?
A. You can work with only one student at a time in the spreadsheet view of the Grade Center by creating a Smart View. Here are the steps to create a Smart View:
- Click the Manage menu button in the Full Grade Center.
- Select Smart Views.
- Click the Create Smart View button.
- Type a name for the view and, optionally, a description.
- Under Selection Criteria, select User for Type of View.
- Under Users select the student you want to grade. If you want to select more than one student at a time, click on the first student you want to grade, then hold down the Ctrl key and click on other students you want to include.
- Under Filter Results, select the Grade Center columns you want to display; the default is All Columns.
- Click Submit, then select the Smart View you created; you are now ready to enter grades.
- To return to the view of the full Grade Center after grading in a Smart View, in the Control Panel click Grade Center > Full Grade Center.