Q. I have used Articulate lectures in the current version of Blackboard. I want to upload the same in version 9 but I think the steps are different. Can you please help me figure out how to upload (.. and unpackage) an Articulate lecture?
A. Uploading an Articulate file in Blackboard 9 is a two-part process. First, you will upload the file to the course’s Files area, a kind of storage area to keep files so they can be accessed from any content area in your course; then you will add the file to a content area.
Upload the file
- Scroll down under the Course Menu to see the Control Panel.
- Click on the chevron next to Files in the Control Panel.
- Click on the Create Folder button in the Course Content window. It’s important to create a folder for each of your Articulate presentations since, for each .zip file you upload, the file you will link to so students can play the presentation has the same name: player.html.
- Name the new folder with the same name as your Articulate file (this is not required, but will help you organize your Articulate files).
- Click on the new folder you made.
- Click on Upload and select Upload Package.
- Browse for your Articulate zip file and click Submit.
Add the file to a content area
- Click on the content area where you would like the Articulate file to be accessed, such as Course Documents or Content.
- Under Build Content, select Item.
- Give the Articulate presentation a name
- Next to Attach File, choose Browse Course, then click on the appropriate Articulate folder (the one you created).
- Click in the box beside player.html.
- Click Submit.
- Click OK to the “Message from Webpage.”
- Under File Action, accept the default.
- Select the options you want and click Submit.
- Students will access the presentation by going to the content area, finding the appropriate Articulate file name, and clicking on player.html.