Q. I recorded a lecture in Adobe Connect and told my students to access it by clicking on Tools in the course menu, clicking on “Adobe Connect Pro,” clicking on the chevron next to the meeting name and selecting View Information. They could then click the Recordings link and select the recording to play it. The problem is my students are not seeing the chevron icon to select View Information.
A. If your meeting and recording were created in Blackboard, any student who was enrolled and added to the meeting would see the link and the chevron. If you don’t add your students to the meeting when you create it, they will not see the meeting or the recording. A solution for the future is to add your students to the meeting when you create it – then they can see the recording using the instructions you gave them.
For now, to allow your students to see the recording you have already done, you can make it public and then post a link to it in your Blackboard course.
- Log into Connect.luc.edu.
- Click on Meetings in the toolbar at the top of the page.
- Click on the meeting whose recording you want to make public.
- Click on the Recordings link in the toolbar just above the red bar.
- Click in the box to the left of the recording you want to make public and select the Make Public button just above the red bar.
- To get the link for your students, click on the name of the recording and copy the “URL for Viewing.”
- Paste that URL into your Blackboard course.