All Goodman internships share the same basic expectations. At a minimum, applicants must:
- Possess the knowledge and skills required to work successfully in a specific department of the theater.
- Be socially mature and self-confident.
- Be able to take direction and criticism well.
- Be able to digest new information quickly and apply it productively.
- Be consistent and dependable in their work habits.
- Have good communication skills.
- Enjoy multi-tasking and creative problem-solving.
- Work comfortably and effectively in a highly collaborative environment.
A basic knowledge of computing is essential; the Goodman uses a wide assortment of computer equipment and software.
Interns at the Goodman will also receive:
- A Goodman email, computer, and phone extension.
- Complimentary tickets to Goodman productions.
- Tickets to the opening night of each Goodman production and passes to productions after parties.
- A small stipend.
- College credit.
Internships available are in Casting, Development, Education and Community Engagement, Literary Management and Dramaturgy, Marketing/PR/Publicity, Production Management, Costumes, Sound, Properties, and Stage Management. Full descriptions of the requirements, duties, and rough schedule for each internship can be found here.